Insider reporters

ISCHIA – One of the two brothers aged 3 and 5 trapped in the rubble of their home after an earthquake measuring 3.6 on the Richter scale ripped through this volcanic holiday island in the bay of Naples has now been rescued. The two young boys were trapped overnight, after having hidden under a bed for hours. Fire fighters are still working to rescue the second brother. The quake demolished illegally built houses and killed at least two people, civil defense authorities said. 

22 Aug 2017
Viveca Knapp
This article is available to everyone

VATICAN CITY - The Vatican has released its policy document detailing how countries around the world should approach the refugee crisis. Pope Francis has said that migrants' children should be given nationality in the country where they are born, weighing into the debate in Italy on Ius Solis, Italian government legislation currently going through parliament that would give immigrants’ children automatic Italian citizenship if born in Italy. Public opinion, however, is thought to be quite opposed to the proposal after the recent events in Spain. 

21 Aug 2017
Viveca Knapp
This article is available to everyone

ROME - ‘I know. Perugia is probably the last place in the world for me to feel welcome: but I must close the circle of my life.’ Nearly ten years after the murder of Meredith Kercher, the British student killed at her home in Perugia on November 1, 2007, Amanda Knox announces she wants to return to Italy. Talking to American weekly People Magazine, she continued: ‘My memory of that place can not just be a courtroom.’

21 Aug 2017
INSIDER NEWSDESK
This article is available to everyone

MARINA DI PIETRASANTA - A car drove into a crowded beach, causing panic amongst holiday-goers. Some, screaming, feared it was a terrorist attack, in light of the recent events in Spain. The scene looked almost identical to that of a few hours earlier on Barcelona’s Las Ramblas, but it was in fact a drunk French tourist who was soon stopped by local police. 

21 Aug 2017
FLORENCE BROCK
This article is available to everyone

 NAPLES – Attorney Alfredo Romeo has been released from custody as the probe concerning Consip (the corporation in charge of the purchase of goods and government service contracts) for the largest European public facility management contract worth 2.7 billion Euros becomes more convoluted, judicial sources say.

 After having spent four months behind bars and over one month under house arrest confined to his childhood home in the province of Caserta, authorities released the Neapolitan entrepreneur from detention last week.

21 Aug 2017