Son of Beppe Grillo faces second sexual abuse accusation
SASSARI – Images recovered from cell phones in a gang rape case against Beppe Grillo’s son Ciro, show a second alleged victim being sexually abused while unconscious, La Verità reported.
The investigation into the alleged rape of a Scandinavian woman at the Sardinian villa of Mr Grillo, co-founder of the Five Star Movement political party, has closed with revelations the girl’s friend was sexually abused and photographed without her knowledge.
The photo came to light after investigators seized the cell phones of Ciro Grillo and three friends: Edoardo Capitta, Francesco Corsiglia and Vittorio Lauria, all from Genoa, now facing a second rape allegation.
The Scandinavian woman reported the alleged rape to police in Milan 10 days after the incident.
On July 16, 2019, she and a friend had been at Billionaire nightclub in Porto Cervo, where they had met the boys. The evening ended in Grillo’s villa in Pevero, Porto Cervo, where they had been invited for something to eat.
The girl, who said the men had plied her with alcohol to take advantage of her, had said no to a request for sex but was allegedly raped the entire night.
The images found on the cell phones of the accused support the testimony of the second young woman who said she had not heard anything that night because she was sleeping.
The defense lawyers had always claimed the sex was consensual, but the picture tells a different story. The image allegedly shows a person identified as Ciro Grillo next to the unconscious girl, in a sexual pose, La Verità reported.
With investigations concluded, the prosecutor may request indictments within the month.